Online Rug Hooking Course
- a computer that allows you to watch video and basic computer skills, a camera so you can share your images if you wish,
- an email address,
- rug hook, frame, pattern and backing, and a selection of wool in a variety of textures. You can purchase a course materials package on line as an add on to the course and any pattern if you wish, but remember shipping can take up to two weeks to the states.Â You can also create your own pattern and use your own wools. That is up to you. A landscape pattern is most suitable for this course.
- a few hours each week to spend on your hooking and assignments
You will receive:
- detailed posts each week about the topic at hand with video each week explaining the section with close ups
- photo tutorials about the ideas discussed in the post an assignment for you to complete that will help integrate your learning on the weeks topic
- a section of tips and ideas for the weeks topic inspiration and ideas about rug hooking, creativity, and art instruction on technique
- a place to ask questions and get direct feedback from Deanne, and my honest effort to teach the group as well as I possibly can. I want it to be a lovely experience for everyone involved, as well as a learning experience for me.
- at the end of the weekly post you can post comments, questions, and input and I will respond
How do I communicate with others in the course?
Online Workshop Starts: February 18, 2013
Registration Deadline: February 11,2013
What People Say About My Online Course:
“Based on my experience with Deanne’s first online course in February, I can recommend her as a teacher. She communicates openly both in her written and spoken words. Her explanations of “the what to do – why to do – and how to do” via her videos, her writings, her photos of the work, are clear, very helpful and motivating. In addition, those online members who respond and ask questions have also added to my learning experience. This is a worthwhile 5 week opportunity in which you are encouraged and guided to go at your own pace.”
“Thanks so much Deanne. I have thoroughly enjoyed your writings , videos etc. In a previous time I taugt painting and it was incredible when a person realized they could produce art when they always said, “I have no artistic talent.” I have thoroughly enjoyed your class and all the lessons and I keep going back and reading everything over and over””I wish I could bottle this feeling and sell it because I would be a rich woman. Wow, do you ever inspire a person.””Great Workshop Deanne, so much info and ideas. these lesssons have been really packed.
I wanted to say if anyone is thinking of signing up for Deanne’s online course do it! As anyone who taken a course with Deanne knows, a great and generous yeacher who brings alot of experience, imagination, and , always, creativity to her courses. Getting Wild with Wool is no exception. I found the course chock full of information and inspiration with many different avenues of learning. And best of all was the communication with other participants from all over the world. It just made me so proud. Maile in Seattle