- it’s mostly about accessories….you can adorn yourself easily and freely
- your women friends like to tell you how much they like your jacket, or your necklace or your shoes
- you can have more than three pairs of shoes, it is expected of you
- scarves that flow
- big earrings
- that girlfriend get together that you have with different gangs, different times of year.
- that feeling you get when you haven’t seen a girlfriend for years and they look great
- knitting , sewing, rug hooking, though it is not just for women, it sure feels like it.
- flipping up my collar and wearing a scarf
- pretty mittens
- fluffy long hair
What do you like? I know these things are not relegated just to women, but it feels that way to me sometimes. I love femininity, and don’t find it weak. I think it is strong and beautiful, and most of my friends support each other in it. When we get together, we tell each other what looks great. We share recipes. We tell funny stories. We tell the truth and I love it.
Last wekend I got together with some friends for an annual visit and it was so nice to see everyone looking and feeling good. I enjoyed looking at what they were wearing, hearing their year of stories, knowing they were frank and honest and that nothing worthwhile was leaving the room.
We ate salad and crab cakes. We just sat and talked with a tv on in the background. It was just a good old visit, the kind that makes you happy you are a woman.