Dear Diary, Sue Dove, the author Painting in Stitches, came last year to the Creativity and Spirituality Workshop that Don Miller and I did together during the Nova Scotia Fibre Arts Festival last October. She was featured on this blog last week wearing my funky coat that the three women from England took back with them.
Some of you inquired about her work so I thought I would show you some of it and ask Sue to answer the Ten Lovely Questions…
Sue Dove, artist, answers the Ten Lovely Questions
1) What do you find lovely?
…Flowers,Friends,Dogs,Woods especially with Bluebells in, Textiles that people have made
2) When was the last time you surprised yourself?
3) How old do you feel?
Can never tell…too busy enjoying myself.So many things to make
4) When do you know it’s time to get creative?
All the time,even when lm washing up
5) What’s you next great plan?
Starting a new Fine Art Textile group for all my exstudents,in my newly cleared out studio…
6) What is your earliest creative memory?
About six years old,making a doll out of my mums fabric scraps…havent stopped since!
7) Name three people you’d love to invite to dinner.
.It has to be four! Rowan Williams (Archbishop of Canterbury).Alan Bennett (writer) Monty Don (gardener,writer and my pinup) and Stephen Fry.(actor and clever chap)
8) What was the last interesting idea that your grasped?
9) Name three things that are “so not you”.
Smart clothes, Paperwork and Offical stuff, Tidy House.
10) Name three words that sum you up
Artful..Cheerful..Colourful and Strong.